China may become the World’s second-largest economy behind the US.
One of the China’s biggest insurers, Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. is the second largest shareholder of HSBC Holdings PLC. Ping An said that the investment won’t influence how the U.K. based bank is run.
One of the largest movie theater chain around the world was bought by Dalian Wanda Group which runs by Chinese business Wan Jianlin for USD 2.6 billion.
A well-known iconic company in US was partly owned by a Chinese Company, Qingdao Haier. And the acquisition deal was USD 5.4 Billion.
One of the early leader in telecommunications space previously now was owned by one of the famous Chinese enterprise, Lenova. This makes Lenevo become the world’s third-largest smartphone maker around the world.
Chinese investors are interested in Football as well. Chinese billionaire Tong Xia owned Aston Villa.
Chinese Investors and businessesmans own stakes in key infrastructure businesses in the UK such as Heathrow Airport and UK power Networks. Chinese investors have also bought up stakes in Thames Water which is another key infrastructire firms in the UK.
Schools in the UK which owned by China–backed enterprises:
- Bournemouth Collegiate School
- St Michael’s School in Llanelli, Carmarthanshire
- Bosworth Independent College in Northampton
- Bedstone College in Shropshire
- Ipswich High School
- Kingsley School in Bideford, Devon,
- Heathfield Knoll School
- Thetford Grammar School in Norfolk
- Wisbech Grammar in Cambridgeshire
- Riddlesworth Hall Preparatory School in Norfolk
- Adcote School for Girls near Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Myddelton College in Denbigh, Wales
- CATS Colleges – Campuses are in London, Cambridge and Canterbury
- Chase Grammar School
- Abbotsholme School, Derbyshire
- St Bees School, Cumbria
Let me know if you know more.